A move is often associated with a number of challenges, especially when it comes to transporting all of your belongings from one place to another. Whether you need an interim storage for your items until the initial moving stress subsides, whether you want to stow away a few small items in a compact box, or whether you are moving in with your partner and need to temporarily part with some of your things – at MyPlace, we have the ideal storage solution for you.
6 Tips for Storing During a Move
Here are some tips to make storage as simple and stress-free as possible during a move:
- Start Planning Early: Start planning your move and storage early. Consider which items you want to get rid of and which you want to store temporarily. A reduced number of items means easier transport and a smaller and more affordable storage space.
- Choose the Right Storage Size: Estimate the space needed for the items you're storing. Our convenient storage space calculator makes this particularly easy. Choose a storage size that suits your needs to avoid unnecessary costs – our experienced team is happy to help you find the right unit.
- Clean and Wrap Items: Clean and carefully pack your books, clothes, and other items before storing them. Protect delicate furniture with proper packaging: blankets or specialized furniture wraps work well to prevent scratches and damages. Disassemble large pieces to save space and make them easier to transport.
- Label Boxes: Clearly label all boxes and containers for quick access to your items.
- Create an Inventory List: Make an inventory list explaining which items are in which boxes. This will help you organize and locate your belongings after the move.
- Check Transport Options: Review your options for transporting your household items from your home to the storage unit. Is your car too small to accommodate all of your belongings? Do you need help carrying boxes, furniture and more? Then take advantage of MyPlace's moving assistance.
Good planning and organization allow for a smooth transition period and make the initial time in your new home easier. MyPlace is here to support you: thanks to flexible rental periods starting from a minimum of 2 weeks, you can store your items for as long as you want to.
Moving Assistance – Support for Transport
MyPlace works closely with local shipping companies and rental car firms to offer you comprehensive solutions for a stress-free move in addition to practical storage compartments. Among other options, you can take advantage of our partner SIXT's offerings. As a MyPlace SelfStorage tenant, you can benefit from attractive discounts of up to 15% on the rental of a transport vehicle of your choice.
Additionally, you can benefit from our new customer offer, where you can receive free support for your move in the form of a rental vehicle or a complete transport package. Detailed information about the service can be found in our article about the moving service.
Renting a Storage Unit at MyPlace During Your Move – Enjoy the Benefits!
Rent a storage unit at your desired location and enjoy numerous benefits:
- Rental Duration Tailored to Your Needs: Starting from a minimum rental of 2 weeks, you can flexibly adjust your contract to your needs and terminate it with a 2-week notice period.
- Attractive Offers: Benefit from our 2- or 4-week free promotion for minimum rental durations of 4 or 8 weeks, respectively. Long-term tenants get a discount of -15% on the annual rent.
- Stringent Security Measures: With surveillance cameras, alarm systems, and access codes, your items are in safe hands with us.
- Flexible Access: Our indoor storage units are available to you seven days a week between 06:00 and 22:00. Additionally, you can use our practical outdoor units around the clock.
- Convenient Location: Our locations are easily and conveniently accessible, both by both public transport and private vehicles.
- Free Parking: To ensure stress-free storage, we offer free parking directly in front of our locations.
- Practical Additional Services: In addition to our secure and climate-controlled storage units in various sizes, MyPlace also provides additional services. For example, take advantage of our practical transport and moving service or free package receiving service.
Do you still have questions? Are you trying to figure out which storage unit provides enough space for your belongings, or do you have more questions about our additional services? Don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email, chat, or in person. Our team is happy to help you out!